Thursday, January 16, 2003

Instapundit is in the New York Times, which means it's in the News. Prof. Volokh notes that Martin Wisse, who sounds like a wuss, claims that Glenn Reynolds misrepresents his sources. I find this silly. Glenn's got to be a speed reader or a skimmer. If he links to you, rejoice, don't quibble. This sounds like sour grapes, but then there's a lot of that from liberals and Democrats lately. George Bush mangles his sentences a lot, too, but he whipped their intellectual butts.


What really puzzled me is how Wisse came to be a source for the article. I've never heard of him. I looked at his blog, but it didn't seem too informative. He can't draw. He blogs about Southern Politics, which makes him a masochist, I imagine.

I've never heard of The Wyeth Wire either, but I can see at the outset that I'm not going back. Every time I try to emulate Glenn, I realize: (1) I don't really care about metablogging, i. e. nitpicking other blogs; and (2) I don't have the tools to associate names with their past and their histories, which is why citing Lochner doesn't do me much good, even if I've read it. I can't retain holdings the way these law profs and former clerks can, probably because I find this stuff dull beyond description. I'm also a slow typist.

But remember, in law school all the A students become law professors, the B students become Judges and the C students make all the money. And if you believe that, you're a two-bit whore.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home