Saturday, March 27, 2004

Diligence is rewarded

For some reason, Friday's Bleat (3/16/2004) is truncated on Mozilla. I tried it over and over. It ends with " One side: theocratic mullahs who fund terrorism and build nuclear weapons are part of the Axis of Evil. The o" Must be some difference between IE, or whatever Apple people use, and Mozillia. Finally I ran IE for that single page and found the conclusion to his review of the Clarke kerfuffle.

I'm glad I did because I'd have otherwise missed:
One side: theocratic mullahs who fund terrorism and build nuclear weapons are part of the Axis of Evil. The other side: let�s streamline visa procedures.

And I bring this up . . . why? Because I want to blame the Clinton administration? Look: to me that�s ancient history. That�s Flintstone time. If it weren�t for these hearings I wouldn�t give a tin fig for who didn�t do what when and where. September Eleventh was the bright red gash that separated the Now from the La-la Then, and we�ve been living in the hot spiky Now ever since. I am interested in the Now and the What Next. I don�t have much patience for people who believe that the salvation of Western Civilization depends on hiking the marginal tax rates to pre-2002 levels. But if you want to play Eight Years vs. Eight Months, fine. Just remember that before 9/11, the skies over Afghanistan were clear. After 9/11, they thrummed with the sound of B-52s until the job was done.

No small distinction.


(Italics added)
He nailed it.

What difference does the whole issue make in deciding between Bush and Kerry? If the Dems want to base their campaign on the bitter recriminations of a disappointed office seeker, let them. Maybe that's why we should be glad Gore isn't president today.

Update: Here's what should be dominating the news today. Do we really want a president who will strengthen ties with governments like that in France?

Update: Read Mark Steyn's take on Clarke. As Instapundit says, double ouch! Meanwhile the libblogs are waxing indignant over the "character assassination" of their newest witness against the Evil Bush and Conniving Condoleezza. I wouldn't mention character assassination if my guy had written about Condoleezza Rice not recognizing the name of al Qaeda.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home