Thursday, May 13, 2004

The drums are getting louder

It seems that everywhere I look on the blogs these last few days, there's a hardening taking place. It seems to be related to the Abu Ghraib scandal coupled with the grisly murder of Nick Berg. I felt it myself before I noticed it.

There's a feeling that we've had it with "civilized" warfare. I've seen a number of references to Sherman's letter to Atlanta. I noticed it in Mark Steyn's comments this afternoon on the Hugh Hewitt show. Part of it is exasperation with the idiocy of the loony (scroll down to Senator Levin's remarks)left during the huge flood of triumphal defeatism in the media when the Abuse Ghraib scandal broke. But with the news of Berg's murder it has become grim. I mentioned it earlier, and I've continued to see it. People are getting fed up with patience, and want to kill something. And it's still 6 months to the election.

Update: Read some of the comments in this story.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home