Wednesday, May 05, 2004

This is what makes Christianity strong, its unity

The National Day of Prayer has become a divisive.
Linda Walton, a UVSC chaplain who has chaired National Prayer Day events in Utah County for three years, said the prayer event's state coordinator, Gregory Johnson, told her she needed to be "more selective about who was leading out."

"I didn't understand what he was getting at at first," said Walton, a Seventh-day Adventist. "But then it hit me that he was saying they didn't want anyone who isn't a traditional Christian."
I couldn't really care less about whether this thing has Mormons offering prayers or not. I've always thought that if they don't want me I won't show up, but one has to wonder what these people think gives them the authority to decide who is a Christian and who isn't.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home