Thursday, August 26, 2004

Charm Vacuum

I quit listening to Jon Stewart some time ago, because for each hilarity you had to wade through a bunch of leftish snottiness and dirty jokes. Apparently, John Kerry appeared on the show as a guest recently. Dana Stevens reviewed the show on Slate. Best of the Web quotes the review:
Kerry's charisma was less than zero: It was negative. He was a charm vacuum, forced to actually borrow mojo from audience members. He was a dessicated [sic] husk, a tin man who really didn't have a heart. His lack of vibrancy, his utter dearth of sex appeal made Al Gore look like Charo.
Kerry basically has to reflect the humor and vitality of others; he has none of his own. When he tries to act hip, he looks like a dweeb. I'm pretty personality challenged myself, but then I don't try to get elected president by presenting myself as a cool, snowboarding, mountain biking, youthful guy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home