Friday, September 03, 2004

The Big Mac attack

Bill Clinton is facing bypass surgery. I had a triple bypas two years ago. It's not fun. One common complication is called "pump head" collogquially. It's minor damage to the brain from tiny clots that develop when blood goes through a heart-lung machine, which is basically a pump. Blood cells get damaged, and there may be some reactions to foreign materials in the equipment through which the blood passes.

I noticed that since my surgery, I can't type as well, and I often make errors where my fingers type something different from what I intend. It's a minor thing, but it's definitely there. So I wish Mr. Clinton well. He's lucky his health care plan didn't pass, and we still have the best health care system on earth.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home