Monday, April 18, 2005

More Lileks?

He said on Hugh Hewitt's show that he's going to start some new blogs to write screeds, political comments and pop culture commentary. The Bleat will remain as a personal diary. I've thought that it was conceived as a diary of Gnat's childhood from James' POV, which is an admirable project. I've tried keeping a journal, but people with depression should probably not do that. Whenever I would read it, I'd destroy everything I'd written. It seemed too whiny and bathetic.

That, being said, I look forward to reading his political comments and screeds. They've always been most entertaining to me. He's a great writer but his metier is invective and sarcasm and I find that wasted on stuff like Regrettable Food and Interior Desecrations. Bring it on, James!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home