Friday, May 13, 2005

Always late to the party

I know I'm not much of a blogger, linking to stuff already linked by others and usually a few days late, but since I can't contain my urge to yell at the TV, I'll probably keep going until I can't type anymore.

Sissy Willis claims that the right has been honed for battle while the left has gotten intellectually fat and soft because it never has to defend itself the favor from the media.

I didn't know what Marcusian meant. I think it is explained here. Funny how if you give stupidity another name someone will adopt it and try to enforce it. Trust the French to produce a philosopher who proclaims that "Liberating tolerance would consist of intolerance against movements from the Right, and toleration of movements from the Left." When you have made up your mind, in other words, you ought to force anybody who has another point of view to shut up, and promote your own with all means available.

Then there's this masterpiece by Jim Geraghty on George Lucas' hypocrisy'. Highly quotable. It begs the question of what the final trilogy would be like. Luke S. as a the new emperor, maybe?--after he realizes that there really isn't a dark side at all, just business, and becomes the adopted son of Jabba the Hutt.

There won't be any Episode 7, 8 or 9. Maybe that's for the best.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home