Friday, June 17, 2005

Ready? Clear your mind

The second item in today's Best of the Web follows the comment I just posted below. In which a reader, Brian Francoeur, is quoted thus:
The anecdotes on the insane, frothing-at-the-mouth liberals venting their spleens made me chuckle. There's nobody more intolerant and narrow-minded than an tolerant and open-minded liberal, is there?

Here's something I've noticed recently: Once I embraced the idea within myself that I wasn't going to even try to be "open-minded and tolerant of all cultures and ideologies" I actually became more open minded and tolerant than I was before!
Taranto thinks this is Zen, but I think it is from the Sermon on the Mount: If any man forces you to go a mile with him (as Romans were entitled to do to Jews), go with him two miles. The anger and resentment disappears, because you have aligned your will with what is rather than opposing what is not. Good advice. Trust the Lord and let go of your anger. It works. President Bush understands this and practices it daily. How else could you be the president without becoming warped by all the hatred.

Peace, Brother.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home