Thursday, August 18, 2005

The future of news

Hugh Hewitt calls it the information reformation. I don't know if it will really work out that way. He cites the near monopoly on blog humor by conservative bloggers and the launch of Power Line News an expanded version of the venerable blog. The Huffington Post is a liberal example, if it does better than Air America.

I don't think that blogs will replace existing news organizations but I think that the newspapers which survive will, with the exception of the NYTimes and the WaPo, do so based on local news and then only if they can make themselves profitable on the internet. I don't think people want to wait for the paper anymore for their information, and there is less need all the time to do so.

I think that RealClear Politics and other sites that aggregate/filter news reports and provide a range of comment will grow. My generation will probably be the last that reads actual newspapers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home