Wednesday, September 21, 2005

What does this mean?

Pat Leahy has announced he'll vote to confirm Roberts.

Is he thinking, "I'm keeping my powder dry for the next one."

Or, "It's obvious that we can't stop this guy. I don't want to look like a sore loser."

Or "I'm too old for this crap. We just got our heads handed to us trying to keep these abortion groups happy. Who needs this?"

I know which one I'd be thinking. Leahy knows that he's got to work with Republicans for awhile in the future, and maybe he senses that Hatch's approach on Justice Bader-Ginsburg looks a lot fairer to voters who don't know much about this.

Boy, Erwin Chemerinsky is getting smoked by John Eastman on Hugh Hewitt. Of course, he's trying to defend a litmus test on specific cases for SCOTUS nominees.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home