Friday, October 14, 2005

Uncomfortable in the Majority

National Review announces that it has more in common with the MSM than with the rest of the conservative movement, and demonstrates why conservatives remained in the minority so long, and why they'll soon be in the minority again. They can't settle for success, it has to be perfection.

Too bad they don't have the humility, trust or common sense to adopt the position of Melanie Kirkpatrick. Bush has done things I don't agree with, but I have come to respect his integrity and good judgment in cases where I didn't see them at first. In a way, these complaints about Miers' lack of a body of writing on Constitutional issues is a cloaked complaint about Bush's own difficulty in communicating his ideas and programs as well as Ronald Reagan did. That's why it offends me so much, I guess. His rhetoric hasn't brought us to our feet with patriotism swelling in our hearts. That makes him a failure to some people. But his decisions have done that for me. His actions have demonstrated that he has read the Sermon on the Mount and is trying to live by it. I respect that far more than all the scribblers in the world.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home