Thursday, October 27, 2005

Who's bitter?

I, for one, am. Not because I was a great admirer of Harriet Miers, but because I believe that you should dance with the one who brought you to the dance. I don't like it when a bunch of media pundits can humiliate a president like this. If there were something tangible to support the attacks on Miers, it wouldn't bother me, but this whole thing was based on the fear that she might not be ideologically pure.

That's not what I thought America stood for.

Update: As the afternoon goes on, I'm getting more and more morose. The Corner is excusing itself with the claim that "to mier" means "to put your own allies in the most untenable position possible based upon exceptionally bad decision- making."


What kind of allies are those? The kind who desert you whenever they think you've made a mistake? As I wrote to them, "Don't ever offer to cover my back on anything!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home