Monday, December 05, 2005

Thanks, Toby

Hugh Hewitt has made Toby Keith's Courtesy of the Red, White and Blue the intro to his radio show,
Hey, Uncle Sam put your name at the top of his list,
And the Statue of Liberty started shaking her fist.
And the eagle will fly and it's gonna be hell,
When you hear Mother Freedom start ringing her bell.
And it'll feel like the whole wide world is raining down on you
Brought to you courtesy of the red, white and blue.
It's rousing and Jacksonian, and I love it. Call me an old fart, but I still get a lump in my throat when I think about our men and women standing up for liberty throughout the world. I was taught patriotism at home, in grade school and Sunday School. I know how many have died defending our country and the flag that represents it. I'm for teaching the duties of service and sacrifice to our children, even in Law School.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home