Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Heh.

If Glenn Reynolds wanted to run for office or get an appointment as a federal judge would he be such a vocal critic of the Patriot Act or create a paper trail like Instapundit? Of course, he's an avowed libertarian, which shows that he wouldn't be willing to do what it takes to get elected these days, but not a Libertarian, which shows he's got a brain.

Yes, he's been flogging his book, but even with that, he's too honest by far to be a mass marketer. I sent him an email and asked him what I would get in his book that I wouldn't from reading Instapundit, and mentioned that I'd just gotten a notice from Amazon that a new Donald Fagan CD was being released. He wrote back and said he'd probably go with the Fagan. That may just be really, really smart marketing, but it didn't seem all that self-interested to me. (I hope he doesn't get in trouble with his publisher.) It did make me start thinking nice thoughts about getting his book. Viral marketing? If so, it works better than mentioning his book in every other post.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home