Thursday, April 13, 2006

I watched.

The South Park episode, I mean. It wasn't really very funny, but it did make the point that this spate of sensitivity to Muslim irritability is pretty silly, and hypocritical for a "comedy" network to permit disgusting use of God or Jesus in a childish joke while knuckling under to Muslims. Where's the "theocracy" by Evangelicals we hear so much about? It doesn't look to me like religious people have all that much say in our popular culture. So why are our media treating Muslims like they're our new masters? I don't see any reason to go out of your way to offend Muslims but I feel that way about offending anybody's religion, except perhaps Scientology and Ralph Phelps.

I have to agree with Jeff Goldstein: Comedhimmi Central.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home