Tuesday, April 25, 2006

News Flash!

Tony Snow, who's been talking about the offer on his radio show for the past week, will replace The Sta-Puft Marshmallow man as White House Press Secretary.

I first wondered if he wasn't too nice for this job. That seemed to be Scott McClellan's problem. He just stood there and took the punches while repeating the same things over and over. I'd have pulled David Gregory's credentials a long time ago.

I do think that Snow looks good and has presence that none of the reporters can match. And I know he's smart and able to present and argue for the president's positions. I don't think he'll satisfy the hounds in the press corps, but he might be able to shut them up, if he's good with a whip and chair. Personally, I'd quit doing press briefing altogether and let them whine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home