Friday, May 12, 2006

Frustration

I wish I could read faster. There are so many books out there.

When I see quotations like the one from Rebecca West, I realize how little I've absorbed. I checked out the book it's from and found this in the review by Mary Park:
It's the story of Abraham and Isaac without the last-minute reprieve: those who hate are all too ready to martyr the innocent in order to procure their own advantage, and the innocent themselves are all too eager to be martyred. To West, in 1941, "the whole world is a vast Kossovo, an abominable blood-logged plain." Unfortunately, little has happened since then to prove her wrong. --Mary Park
Such are the wages of hate and fear, especially if we ignore the lessons of the past.

And to think of the time I wasted on "The DaVinci Code."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home