Wednesday, June 28, 2006

How about "niggler?"

An item on Best of the Web about a website in which the word "cocktail" is rendered as "*censored*tail," has made me think about changing the name of this blog. Could it be that my blog is being blocked by people's screening programs because of it's name?

Cockalorum is a reference to the behavior of roosters who strut and crow as if they ran the world. It has no obscene or sexual connotations, but how many software packages understand that? I thought about changing the name to something more acceptable, like "Bantam," but found that everything I could think of is already in use, although bantam.blogspot.com looks more like a splog than a genuine blog.
Of course, I'm not exactly a real crowing rooster. Maybe, I should choose "BassetHound" since that's more how I feel these days. Or I could resurrect the Young Apathetics which I sort of founded in college. It's the kind of group that if it accepted you, you wouldn't want to be part of it. Just writing about it, shows you're not a serious Apathetic.

I tried one of these "safe browsing" products a while back, and ran it on the LDS Church conference reports, which feature talks by all of the church's general authorities. It blocked a whole bunch of them because they mentioned sin.

Sigh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home