Saturday, August 12, 2006

The latest Instapoll puts a Giuliani-Romney ticket way ahead of McCain-Lieberman. I don't know if Romney would really want the VP-ship. Anyway, I think the real question for Republicans ought to be which candidate will be strongest against the media smear machine. Giuliani has some personal baggage. Romney would be attacked on relgious grounds. The media would probably give McCain a pass, but I don't think the Republican base would. I think McCain could be relied on to prosecute the war and stick with Iraq, and maybe even be more bold in confronting Iran, North Korea and China. He's a reliable pork-buster, but his support for campaign finance sophistries bothers me. Who would he nominate for the Supreme Court? Probably more like Roberts than Suter.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home