Monday, November 13, 2006

The regrettable vote

Jim Geraghty had the reaction closest to mine to the elections. My contempt for the MSM and the national Democratic Party hasn't lessened. My frustration with the Republicans, particularly the Congressional ones, the dishonest and venal ones as well as those like John McCain who have to be the groom on every wedding cake and the corpse at every funeral. As Hugh Hewitt says, whatever the question is, "electing more Democrats" cannot be the right answer. But sometimes, it's the only way to clear out the jerks who are hurting the party and don't have the sense to go quietly. I guess I'm not the Republican I used to be.

What worries me is the right wind conspiracy theory types who are the most likely ones to have voted against Republicans, on the theory that "there's not a dime's worth of difference."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home