Friday, October 15, 2010

Reid calls criticism of his wealth a 'low blow.'
I think most everyone knows, I was a very successful lawyer. I did a very good job of investing. I have been on a very fixed income since I came to Washington. I've lived off of what I made in the private sector.
The problem with that claim is that most people who grow wealthy in public service do so from getting "tips" and deals that nobody else has access to. It's an age-old way of paying off politicians. So, it would take an in-depth investigation to tell whether the charge is a low blow. I remember the Dems attacking Dennie Hastert because he purchased some land that was near a coming interstate interchange. That may have been a perfectly innocent deal, but the Dems didn't consider a low blow then.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home