Wednesday, May 22, 2002

I like what Andrew Sullivan has to say about Eric Olsen's criticisms and the "blogger community" and our obligations to it. The talk about a blogging foundation, and blogging ethics, yadda, yadda, yadda, seem to miss the whole point of blogging.

If I didn't have depression, I'd probably be able to read more widely and eclecticly, but then that's what I read other bloggers for. And living in Southeastern Utah, it's hard for me to get to news before the rest of the "community." So my little blog will always sound a day late and a dollar short, and my best comments will appear from email I send to other bloggers, on their sites.

All any of us have to work with is our own experience and reactions. To expect us to footnote everything we react to is kind of like telling us to shut up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home