Tuesday, November 05, 2002

From Instapundit, this story about the FBI visiting a man who owns a .223 caliber rifle.
Since this was the type of weapon used by the snipers, I can understand the FBI's interest. The guy invited the press with cameras which apparently intimidated and irritated the agents.


I don't think this is as outrageous as Glenn Reynolds does. I would have given them my rifle to test but demanded a receipt. They were wearing out shoe leather in the absence of having other promising leads. I think that law abiding citizens have a duty to help the police, and I can understand why the FBI wouldn't want it to get back to the snipers that they were tracking down all the .223s out there to eliminate possibilities.


If they go beyond this, I'll agree it's wrong, but I don't see that from this story.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home