Friday, March 07, 2003

David Brooks explains what was so significant about last night's press conference. My faith in Bush just keeps getting stronger. I pray for him and I pray for our men over there. Something big is stirring. It reminds me of these lines from Yeats:
When a vast image out of Spiritus Mundi
Troubles my sight: somewhere in sands of the desert
A shape with lion body and the head of a man,
A gaze blank and pitiless as the sun,
Is moving its slow thighs, while all about it
Reel shadows of the indignant desert birds.
The darkness drops again; but now I know
That twenty centuries of stony sleep
Were vexed to nightmare by a rocking cradle,
And what rough beast, its hour come round at last,
Slouches towards Bethlehem to be born?

Also this from Isaiah:
For he shall make bare his holy arm in the eyes of all the nations, and all the ends of the earth shall see the salvation of their God.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home