Friday, January 02, 2004

I've never been as big a reader as my wife, or most people I admire, for that matter. Something to do with depression. ADHD, bipolar illness, senility or something on that continuum. I haven't seen nearly as many films as most people either, and those I've seen, I don't remember that well.

But after reading today's Bleat by James Lileks, I'm not so sure it's a bad thing. This Bleat is redolent of Steely Dan and Warren Zevon, may he rest in peace. I suppose it's this reservoir of exposure to culture that enables James, if I can be so familiar, to write so fluidly and speak just as he writes (For proof, go to Hugh Hewitt's show on Monday afternoons). Actually, this piece is a preview of upcoming films. I'm thinking Hugh may have to replace or supplement Emmett. Why isn't Jame Lileks known at least as well as, say, Paul Krugman? Sigh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home