Thursday, January 22, 2004

SOTU

I don't watch SOTU addresses. I feel pretty much like Glenn Reynolds does about them, except that he at least watches them. I wait for the sound bites and video clips. From those, it sounds like Bush answered the critics of the war in Iraq, especially the charges of unilateralism, with confounding eloquence.

What the Democrat's arguments and grousing over the past year amount to is a complete denial of the things we all felt when we saw those planes fly into the WTC 2+ years ago. I don't think I will ever forget the sickening realization of what I was seeing, nor will I ever be able to forgive those who gin up a spurious outrage over the reaction of President Bush to those attacks. These people, for whom power outweighs simple honesty and humanity, deserve to be condemned to spend the rest of their lives sitting on the sidelines watching Republicans run the country, except that Republicans probably couldn't resist the corruptions of such power.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home