Thursday, February 05, 2004

More Lileks screedy goodness:

Same link. Same reaction as my own to John Kerry:

God no. Please no. I think I speak for millions when I say that I am deathly sick of the counterculture sixties. The music, the war, the protests, all the hagiography - it's not a reflection of the era?s importance but the self-importance of the generation who hung on the bus as it trundled along down the same old rutted road of history.. I?m tired of hearing about the boomers? days of whine and neuroses; I?m weary of ritual genuflection to their musical icons; I?m utterly disinterested in most of the pop-cult trivia they hold so dear. We?ll probably be better off when that demographic pig has been excreted from the python so we can see the era clearly without choking on the smoke.
Listen, Kid, I'm one of those boomers, and I lived through that era, except for serving as a Mormon missionary in Germany from 1967 to 1969, and I'm here to tell you that it was depressing as hell to realize that one's whole generation had lost its marbles. Yet it's even more disturbing to realize that those same idiots are in control of a major national party, indeed the one that led us through World War II, and are busily at work trying to win the election they lost in 1972.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home