Wednesday, June 23, 2004

Pore Ole' Bill

His BBC interview is being replayed on Hugh Hewitt's program.

Biggest Chutzpah: "I don't make any excuses for myself."

He's spent the last three years getting 150 grand a pop to tell this pack of lies over and over and over. He makes excuses reflexively and doesn't even seem to realize that's what he's doing, so he ends up with this portrait of himself as the protector of America from the Republicans and Ken Starr.

Update: On a second listen, I started hearing the sound of two ball bearings clicking in his hand and the voice of Humphrey Bogart:
Now there's no need for that. I know exactly what he'll Starr will tell you. Lies! He was no different than any officer in the wardroom other Republican -- they were all disloyal. I tried to run the ship nation properly by the book, but they fought me at every turn!
The clicking gets louder. A slight lisp becomes noticeable.
If the crew wanted to walk around with their shirttails hanging out they want to shut down the government that's all right, let them. Take the tow line. Defective equipment no more no less, but news media, they encouraged the crew late night comedians and the people to go around scoffing at me and spreading wild rumors about steaming in circles Hillary throwing lamps at me. And then "Old Yellow Stain." that stain on the dress! I was to blame for Lt. Merrick's incompetence and poor seamanship. Lt. Merrick Ken Starr was the perfect officer perfect, but not Captain Queeg Bill Clinton!
The voice deepens and becomes slighty gravelly. The transformation is complete.
Ah, but the strawberries! That's where I had them. They laughed at me and made jokes, but I proved beyond the shadow of a doubt, and with geometric logic, that a duplicate key to the wardroom icebox did exist! And I'd have produced that key if they hadn't pulled Caine out of action! I-I-I know now they were only trying to protect some fellow officer and . . .
Whoa! Spooky.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home