Tuesday, November 09, 2004

The Battle of Falluja

We're going to see a great attack tonight as we set this country on a path to liberty.

I like that quote. I hope the Iraqis are memorizing some of their own, something along the lines of "Give me liberty or give me death!" and "I regret that I have only one life to give for my country." How about "I have not yet begun to fight."

They need stories to teach those kids in their schools about people who serve Allah by standing up for the weak and powerless, by putting their lives on the line for the ideal of freedom. I would like them to tell stories about Alawi like we tell about George Washington. And I would like them to grok that they have rights which are precious enough to defend them with your life.

Who better to teach them than Americans in whom the love of liberty is infused with their mothers' milk, and who understand that the call of duty is just a way to return thanks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home