Saturday, February 26, 2005

Give Bush and Rumsfeld the Nobel Peace Prize

David Brooks makes the case. The idea of freedom, particularly that of democracy, is powerful, once you can convince people that it could really be possible for them. The Iraqi elections, which Bush's critics and even some of his friends were calling to be postponed just a few months ago, have turned out to be more powerful than anyone on the left ever wanted to believe. Bush's vision is being vindicated bigtime. Now, we need to stay the course. In all my life, neither the CIA plotting and brinksmanship nor the demonstrations and marches by "pacifists" have galvanized the world like this.

I've been taught the prophecy of Joel 2: 28-32 for as long as I can remember, with the assurance that it is in the process of fulfillment. The first two verses read (KJV) as follows:
And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions: And also upon the servants and upon the handmaids in those days will I pour out my spirit.
A lot of people who saw the purple fingers in Iraq are daring to dream a new dream, "Why not here?"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home