Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Who I think I am

In response to Frank J. at IMAO I answer the quiz as follows:

THE "WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOU ARE?" BLOGGER QUIZ

1. Who the hell do you think you are?

I'm an American with the same rights guaranteed by the Constitution as the loony left.

2. So, other than blogging, what's your job? Do you work at some fast food joint, dumbass?

I'm an attorney. I worked at Burger King when I was in high school, where I was co-valedictorian in my class.

3. Do you have like any experience in journalism, idiot?

I wouldn't lower myself to that. I prefer blogging.

4. Do you even read newspapers?

Yes.

5. Do you watch any other news than FOX News propaganda, you ignorant fool?

I also watch MSNBC, and occasionally CNN. I always watch Brit Hume's program on the Fox News Channel. I quit watching CBS, NBC, and ABC news long ago because they cover the news only tangentially. I did watch The Newshour on PBS, until I found Brit Hume's show. I don't watch anything else on Fox because I don't like Hannity & Colmes or Bill O'Reilly, becaus I don't enjoy name calling and yelling, you ignorant moron.

6. I bet you're some moron talk radio listener too, huh?

Yep. I listen to Hugh Hewitt whenever I can, and Michael Medved.

7. So, do you get a fax from the GOP each day for what to say, you @#$% Republican parrot?

No, but I do get some emails from Ken Mehlman, which I seldom read. That's why I keep missing the meetings of the Vast Right-wing Conspiracy.

8. Why do you and your blogger friends want to silence and fire everyone who disagrees with you, fascist?

Huh? We want the media to be honest and objective, which is what they claim to be, but aren't. If we silenced all the high-subnormals in the media on the left of the blogosphere, who would we have to make fun of? I'm rooting for Dan Rather to become the host of Face the Nation, and Eason Jordan to become a host on CNN's Crossfire.

I think that the media haven't been held accountable for some time, so it makes sense that there would be some scandals when people started talking back. Not long ago, CBS might have gotten away with using phony documents because there wouldn't have been any way for those who noticed to express themselves to a lot of others.

As for Eason Jordan, I don't think the "bloggers as lynch mob, vigilantes, or a pack of slavering hounds" meme makes any sense. First of all, most bloggers who criticized Jordan wanted to see the video which has never been released. Second, there is no recourse through law. How can you take the law into your own hands when there isn't one because of the First Amendment? Apparently, the framers intended that robust public debate and democracy would resolve issues far better than some government institution, and that is happening today because of bloggers.

9. Are you completely ignorant of other countries, or do you actually own a passport?

No, I'm not "completely ignorant of other countries," and no, I don't have a current passport. I speak German and spent close to two years in Southern Germany.

10. Have you even been to another country, you dumb hick?

See above.

11. If you're so keen on the war, why haven't you signed up, chickenhawk?

They won't take me because of age. I'm 56. Don't you believe in human rights?

12. Do you have any idea of the horrors of war? Have you ever reached into a pile of goo that was your best friend's face?

Yeah, I saw that movie, too. Have you? Has John Kerry or Hillary Clinton? I'm aware of the history of war, and I agree with General Sherman. Americans saved the world from Hitler and Tojo and empires ruled by both. Fighting the Vietnam in a quagmire, was our own choice, and a stupid one. We should have taken it to the North early on.

13. Have you ever reached into any pile of goo?

Catfish bait and baby diapers.

14. Once again, who the hell do you think you are?!

I'm most likely smarter than you, and I support my views with facts and logic, not namecalling, hatred and groupthink.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home