Monday, February 28, 2005

Testify, Sistah!

Cinnamon Stillwell, a Bay-area writer, has an op-ed for the San Francisco Chronicle, telling her conversion story, how 9/11 made her examine her assumptions. Liberals don't come off too well:
It's not enough to simply disagree with my views; I have to be twisted into a conservative caricature that apparently makes opponents feel superior. They seem not to have considered that it's possible to put forward different approaches to various societal problems and not be the devil incarnate.. . .

The terrorist attacks on this country were not only an act of war but also a crime against humanity. It seemed glaringly obvious to me at the time, and it still does today. But the reaction of my former comrades on the left bespoke a different perspective. The day after the attacks, I dragged myself into work, still in a state of shock, and the first thing I heard was one of my co-workers bellowing triumphantly, "Bush got his war!" There was little sympathy for the victims of this horrific attack, only an irrational hatred for their own country.
Read the whole thing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home