Monday, July 18, 2005

Fox News

Instapundit linked this blog post climbing all over Fox News coverage of Natalee Holloway's disappearance. I heard some of that over the weekend, and it definitely sounded like more than I cared to know about her family's tragedy. I don't like intruding into private moments like this. I guess I don't understand how Rupert made his millions. It certainly couldn't have been underestimating the intelligence or discretion of his market.

There are two sides of Fox News. There's the Roger Ailes side which is mostly represented by Brit Hume's show from Washington, and which I record every day and watch in the evenings. The other side is the New York Post side, which is a lot of tabloid journalism. I don't watch that side very often. It's too much like CNN and the broadcast networks morning and magazine shows.

Bill O'Reilly is far to arrogant and bullying to trust. Greta VanSusteren is too much of a trial attorney.
I don't like her tendency to cover stories from the trial attorneys' perspective, although that's probably precisely why she was hired.

The rest of the shows are basically reading the newswires which is about 90% of any newspaper on national stories these days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home