Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Bill Grinch

Hugh Hewitt is denouncing Bill Gates and Microsoft for failing to produce enough XBox 360s for the Christmas market. More proof that MS's marketing prowess is a myth.

On the other hand, Apple and Toyota have been able to market the Ipod and the Prius so well that they can sell products at unjustified prices. I never bought an Ipod, because I have several Walkman-type cassette/radios that costed less than $30, and I just can't justify $230 for the same thing without the radio. Beside, the earbuds never stay put in my ears.

Everything today is becoming more entwined with computers and hence follows the rules of early adopters: They pay more, have more problems with the product and end up with an obsolete product quicker than others. I like my XBox just fine.

I started taking a class in advertising in college, but I dropped it. I guess I just don't believe in setting people up for disappointment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home