Saturday, November 26, 2005

If I were Canadian, I wouldn't admit it.

At least, after this story. Of course, if Canada had captured an alien craft and its crew in 1948, I doubt that any of its officials, past or present, would be talking about it in public. Call it Roswell envy.

I can't wait to hear what Mark Steyn has to say.

Update: Woohoo! I got a comment!

No offense meant to Canadians. Actually, I was paraphrasing s bit from W.C. Fields. A man comes into his store and asks if he knows a man named "Carl LaFong, capital L, small a, capital F, small o, small n, small g." Fields replies "No, I don't know Carl LaFong, capital L, small a, capital F, small o, small n, small g; and if I did know Carl LaFong, I wouldn't admit it!"

I well remember what it was like to have Bill Clinton in the Oval Office. We can't always have politicians we're proud of.

4 Comments:

At 12:43 PM, Blogger David M. McClory said...

Hey listen. I'm Canadian, and one has to put Hellyer in contexct. He is the guy who set the distinct and stories Canadian Forces on the downward spiral they were to suffer.

For years he has been spouting economic and political nonsense, and for that, he was even an anathema to the Liberal Party, let alone sensible Canadians.

David M. McClory

 
At 2:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

David,

Are you sure? It is pretty consistent with what we hear coming out of Canada these days: conspiracy theories, moon batty stuff. Sorry! It seems most of the nuttery is on the eastern part of the country, but seepage is fairly apparent. Let's us see what the liberal criminal allegations look like (next week, right?).

Kathy from Austin

 
At 5:51 PM, Blogger Firehand said...

He bothers the Liberal Party? Talk about wingnut supreme!

 
At 12:12 AM, Blogger AST said...

I apologize for neglecting comments for so long.

1. I quit using Cockalorum a number of years ago, but returned to it when Blogger removed my new one. They said it was being used for spam. I wish they would at least have backed up my posts or notified me so that I could. Anyway, I then returned to this blog.

2. I've hardly ever gotten any comments. So I never got used to checking for them.

Apparently, a lot have come in while Cockalorum was dormant, and I only just realized it.

Apologies to all.

AST

 

Post a Comment

<< Home