Thursday, January 19, 2006

"He gave River City the liberry building, but he gave all the books to her!"

Washington Post ombudsman Deborah Howell:
I've heard from lots of angry readers about the remark in my column Sunday that lobbyist Jack Abramoff gave money to both parties. A better way to have said it would be that Abramoff "directed" contributions to both parties.
What angry readers? Is there any real doubt that he funneled money to politicians in both parties?

Apparently so. People are fried, because it was Indian tribes who gave the money, not Jack Abramoff. Talk about a distinction without a difference.

Actually, a quick review of Memeorandum makes me think that the leftosphere is becoming too toxic to bother with. I don't mind reading stuff I don't agree with, but I don't see why I should have to wade through obscenities and viciousness to do so.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home