Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Wear it with pride!

I, like Debra Saunders, am one of the 37% who approve of the job President Bush is doing. The ones I'm not happy with are all the right wing carpers and the weak-kneed Republicans in Congress who are scurrying like roaches from daylight. Stand up! Accept the challenge! Fight back! Quit expecting Bush to do it alone!

I'm not sure where this puts me in the libertarian/conservative/liberal continuum, but I believe that Bush has been hung with all the problems of his party. He doesn't deserve it. Because he doesn't feel right about contending and confronting his critics, he is slow to get angry. I'm sure that he has feelings and thoughts he'd like to hurl back at them, but he seems to feel that arguing is unchristian. He needs to get over that and give the nation more of what we've seen in the past couple of days. But the rest of the party needs to get going and help him out.

As Saunders notes, "he'll never learn how to pronounce 'nuclear.'" A lot of others won't either. I think it's going to be in the dictionary with nucular as an alternative pronunciation. If you can say "clear" you should be able to say "new clear." It's not that hard, but Hugh Hewitt gets it wrong a lot and so does Major Garrett, and a lot of others I can't remember.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home