Saturday, April 29, 2006

Feeling old.

My younger son graduated with a degree in Nutrition yesterday, and moves to Illinois next month to start on a PhD/MD program. My older son is at Harvard working on his own PhD after making his fortune working for a few years at Yahoo!. He's directing at choral group performing a piece with 24 parts. He's big in Baroque choral music, and really good at nearly everything else. It's amazing to see your children soaring like this, and humbling, too. It's made me appreciate their mother a lot more.

Son 2 and wife are having a baby in August or September. I've been going through Grandpa envy for about 10 years, so it will be pretty neat, but frustrating that they'll be living six states away.

Still, I have a lot to be thankful for, my family has turned out far better than I had any right to expect.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home