Sunday, May 07, 2006

Is a lawsuit censorship?

Boy, if I were asked to represent Jesus Christ, these days, I'd want a b-i-i-i-i-g retainer. I once had to defend a guy charged with possession of half a coffee can full of marijuans. At presentment, he was asked if he had an attorney and replied, "I need no attorney! God is my attorney!" I got appointed anyway. I thought about having new cards printed.

As for urging legal actions against the DaVinci Code, this is a silly thing to say for two reasons: 1. Why give publicity to a dopy book? I finally read The Davinci Code just to find out what the hullabaloo was about, and found it poorly written and not all that well researched. To assert that the Dead Sea Scrolls say anything about Christianity marks you as a poseur.

2. The movie will be a hit, no matter what anybody says about it, if only because 30 million people have read it. Anybody who made up his mind about religion based on a hack novel or a movie based on one is probably a soul not worth saving.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home