Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Rand Simberg:
We don’t know as much as we think we do, about climate on either the sun or the earth. Imagine the cosmic irony if we end up with a mile of ice over Chicago because we pauperized ourselves to keep the planet from warming.
Precisely why I distrust activists who think they've got all the answers, especially when they want us to give them the power to enact them without really explaining them. I'd much rather have leaders who promised just to do their jobs competently than leaders who only talk in vague terms like hope, change and vision. Don't promise me that you'll remake America. Just show me that you understand what we've got now and that you will make it work or get rid of it. Freedom is all about doing things for yourself. I won't claim that my life has been a success, but it's mine and I'm accountable for it. That's the best any of us can say.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home