Monday, February 14, 2005

Who lost Jordan?

I'm getting tired of the meme that bloggers "brought down" Eason Jordan. Bloggers aren't headhunters, but they don't ignore big stories that land in front of them and raise a lot of obvious questions.

I think this post via TKS speaks for me:
I think what I really wanted was the truth to come out. I wanted the tape to be released so that everyone could be as revolted as I was and that by consensus EVERYONE (CNN shareholders, CNN viewers, journalists, bloggers, conservatives, etc) would want him to step down.
I didn't really care what happened to Eason Jordan. I didn't watch CNN anyway, but I knew Jordan from his earlier confession in the NYTimes, and this incident just confirmed my feeling that CNN doesn't have a clue.

There isn't a pack of baying hounds out in the blogosphere looking for journalists to bring down, but when you go surfing with a bleeding wound, don't blame the sharks when they gather.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home