Thursday, September 22, 2005

HOW NOT TO HELP THE HURRICANE VICTIMS

I just sent the following to Joe Scarborough who seems to be in a permanent state of bitchiness about these hurricans:

With all your bitching about the government not doing enough for hurricane victims, I'm getting to the point where I don't want to send another cent down there. I know most of these people aren't as arrogant and ungrateful as you are, so I probably will, but you are not helping. You're making it sound like these people had no choice but to live below sealevel or on the sunny hurricane coasts! Look, Jerk, I wouldn't live there if they gave it to me. It's dangerous, especially if you don't have a way to get out.

As far as I'm concerned, the first responsibility is with the individual to protect himself. If you can't afford insurance and don't have a way to get out, DON'T LIVE THERE!

That being said, the city and states down there are supposed to be be prepared! When we see people stranded, we all have compassion and want to help. But if they elect morons, how can anybody else help that?

The VERY LAST THING THEY SHOULD BE SAYING, especially that other twit,Heath Allen, on your show, is WHY WEREN'T YOU THERE WAITING TO SAVE OUR BACON! Those of us who have more sense, or maybe just not the money, than to go live in "The Land of Dreams," get pretty offended by people who made their nests in a flood plain COMPLAINING THAT THE CHARITY ISN'T THERE ON TIME! We do what we can, but if we can't get to you in time, it's NOT OUR FAULT. There is nothing so offensive as whining about people who are trying to help you after you walked into the quicksand right past a dozen warning signs.

I want to help people, but I didn't build their cities, or tell them to stay put with a Cat 5 hurricane bearing down on them.

I've seen the films. I know about the 1900 hurricane. I knew that NOLA is below sea level. When I heard about the people stranded there I sent cash, because that's all I could do. But when I hear you raging and blaming and bellyaching, I feel like asking for my money back.

If you want to help these people, you should be thanking the country for the help that IS pouring in and showing us what more needs to be done. BUT QUIT BLAMING YOUR VIEWERS AND THE GOVERNMENT THEY PAY TAXES TO, because these people have put themselves in a stupid place. Show some humility and a little thanks.

As you can tell, this is really making me angry. And I know from talking to others that the media bitching about this is really turning them off. YOU ACCOMPLISH NOTHING BY BLAMING BUSH. Do you really think Clinton, Gore, or John Kerry would have been any better? If Louisiana were run by Republicans, I don't think all these deaths would have occurred. We don't order these hurricanes and we didn't elect the team of Blanco and Nagin. Quit blaming them on the rest of the country!

If you want help, SHUT THE HELL UP with the complaining, blaming and bitching!

I'm about ready to start lobbying to disband FEMA if this is the kind of thanks we get. I can tell you one thing, I won't be watching your show any time soon! People are dying because they were allowed to live in dangerous places.

Go back and read Matthew 7 about the man who built his house on sand and what happened when the rains came and the winds blew. Then read the parable of the Wise and Foolish Virgins. Then show me anything in the scriptures where the Lord says When people are trying to help you, heap abuse on them!

Think about it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home