Monday, October 31, 2005

An up or down vote

" Once again, all is right with the world." -- James Taranto

Easy for him to say. I won't forget the conservative MSM's treatment of Harriet Miers. I've lost my enthusiasm. The message has been delivered that if you don't support their party line, conservatives will flay you alive. They want us to forget that this wasn't just criticism. That would have been fine, but demanding a withdrawal, raising money against her, poisoning the atmosphere, those things are not the things I believe in.

Suddenly, being a conservative feels like tiptoeing through a minefield. Bush has been whipped back into line, and we know who our real masters are. It doesn't feel like democracy anymore.

I might feel more positive about Judge Alito if it weren't for that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home