Monday, December 12, 2005

Boy, I'm glad I didn't publish my post about this!

I did write some stuff about why conservative blogs are more influential than liberal ones, but I saved it as a draft and didn't post it. From this report my post would have been longer than the piece that was published in the NYTimes. Given what the story says, I can see why the Times might want to give it short schrift.

With the latest revelations from the Fitzgerald investigation that Time reporter Vivica Novak knew about the Plame identity but didn't tell her editors, either, it probably wouldn't be good for morale to publish a long article about how conservative blogs are getting more respect.

I've been saying that the big hole in the charge against Libby was that we have no way to know how many reporters knew about Plame before anybody quoted it in print. How can there be a leak when so many reporters already knew about it? Suppose Judy Miller had used Plame herself as a source about WMD. She didn't have to mention it to Fitzgerald because her testimony was limited to what she had discussed with Libby and/or Rove.

I certainly have more faith now in bloggers who said from the outset that this looked like a flaky story than I do in the NYTimes and Washington Post, who are treating it like a serious scandal.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home