Thursday, April 26, 2012

Karl Rove acknowledges that he was wrong about Dick Cheney and I like this conclusion:
Mr. Bush heard me out but with a twist: I explained my objections with Mr. Cheney sitting, mute and expressionless, next to the governor. The next day, Mr. Bush called to say I was right. There would be real political problems if he chose Mr. Cheney. So solve them, he said. Politics was my responsibility. His job was different: to select his best partner in the White House and a person the country would have confidence in if something terrible happened to him. The country was better served by Mr. Bush's decision than by my advice. There's a lesson there for Mr. Romney. Choose the best person for the job. Leave the politics to the staff.
The best advice I've heard so far in this discussion.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home