Friday, October 06, 2006


I became a grandfather for the first time about three weeks ago, and the reality of that new face and the anticipation of watching him grow and discover life was impressive in its intensity. I printed the pictures my son sent and put them into my screensaver. My heart melts as I look at them, and after a week to 10 days, I'm jonesing for new ones. This is why God revealed computers and the internet. What a rush!

All of the love I have for the memories of my kids growing up comes in like a tide when I see that face, the tiny hands, the utter peace of his face asleep and the curious, appraising expression on his face as he takes in this new world he's in. I can't imagine what it will feel like to see him smile and hear him chuckle, but I know I won't ever get enough of it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home