Monday, May 16, 2011

I didn't watch O'Reilly's debate with Jon Stewart, but I saw most of it on Greta. I took exception to Stewart's constant attribution of this issue as belonging to Fox News, since I consider it mostly O'Reilly's personal grievance, but I thought Stewart won the debate when he said, "If I'm the President and I'm booking my own poetry slams, you should throw me out." The President and his family are African-American. They're interested in rap and its offshoots and various types of black culture. Unless he's inviting people who advocate killing cops, as opposed to defending specific people accused of doing so, I don't care. I can't think of anything more annoying than a poetry slam, but I'm fortunately immune from a White House invitation on the grounds of my obscurity.

This is extremely small potatoes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home